We are looking for four community workers who have a passion for the arts, connection and engagement. Are you a community based worker within the Harehills, Middleton, Seacroft or Burmantofts areas of the city? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
As part of Leeds Playhouse’s future plans, we want to build deeper and more meaningful relationships with the communities of Leeds. In line with Leeds City Council’s priority neighbourhood plans, each Local Associate will work with us to deliver a bespoke engagement plan within their local community.
We foresee this to include: liaising and meeting with members of the community and partners; advising project staff on what will be helpful in the area; representing the Playhouse at local meetings; setting up meetings or workshops to be run by Playhouse staff as deemed appropriate and connecting individuals to the Playhouse.
- This role would suit a freelance/self-employed worker as part of portfolio of projects, in order to fit the work around existing commitments.
- The work is to be completed over 20 days or 150 hours total – over the period of April – July 2021. Project schedule will be agreed together.
- Project Fee £1,500
- You must live or work in one of the specified areas
How to apply:
In order to apply we’d like you to answer the following three questions. You can send this to us in the form of a short video or via email with your CV attached.
1. Introduce Yourself (100 words/ 1 min max)
2. Tell us about your connection to one of the specified local areas? (200 words / 2 minutes max )
3. How would you describe your work? (200 words / 2 minutes max)
4. What would you hope to have achieved by the end of the 20 days? (200 words / 2 minutes max)
Please send your answers to the questions in an email along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or need support with your application, do let us know.
Deadline for applications: Monday 22 March at 5pm