- The Kay Mellor Fellowship
Leeds Playhouse and Rollem Productions invite applications from playwrights to The Kay Mellor Fellowship, an exciting, year long dual development opportunity for stage and screen.
With a new vision unfolding and planning for a capital redevelopment underway, this is an exciting time to join the Playhouse.
How to apply
To apply for this role, you will need to:
- Download the application pack.
- Complete an online application form. As well as standard questions (for example, about yourself and your history) you will be asked:
- “How does your writing resonate with the themes, values or passions of Leeds Playhouse or Rollem Productions? (1500 characters)
- What impact would the Kay Mellor Fellowship have on our professional and personal success and what have the barriers been so far? (1500 characters)
- To outline an original idea for a full-length stage play that could be developed as a piece of television. (Maximum of 4,000 characters to answer this question.)
- Email a pre-existing script, for stage or screen, to email@example.com Your email must be sent from the email address you provide in your application form. We can only accept scripts in formats that are readable in Microsoft Word, or as .pdf documents.
- Complete an on-line diversity monitoring form for statistical purposes.
Submitted scripts and ideas will be considered by a team of script readers from Leeds Playhouse and Rollem Productions, with the shortlist judged by a selection panel led by Kay Mellor, Jacqui Honess-Martin and Amy Leach.
The deadline for applications is 21 October 2019.
The successful candidate will be announced in mid December 2019.
The Fellowship will be January 2020 – December 2020.
If anyone would like an informal conversation about the Fellowship they are encouraged to contact Jacqui Honess-Martin via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sous Chef
Leeds Playhouse is seeking a Sous Chef.
This is a re-advertisement of this post at a salary of £19,000 per year for 35 hours of paid work per week.
Although some flexibility will be required occasionally, the Sous Chef’s will not normally start work before 7 a.m. and will normally finish work by 8 p.m. You will be asked to work 5 days a week, between Monday and Saturday.
The Sous Chef will be based in the Food & Beverages team to assist with the preparation and delivery of catering services including lunch, conferences and dinner service.
With our ambitious redevelopment now complete, and the building reopening fully to the public, this is an exciting time to join the Playhouse.
To apply for this role, you will need to complete an online application and diversity monitoring form below. Please read through the guidance notes and job description before you start the application form:
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 21 October 2019. We will review applications each Monday and may close this vacancy early is a suitable candidate is found.
- Support Worker Call Out
Call out for freelance Support Workers
Leeds Playhouse: Creative Engagement
Did you know, we work with around 10,000 participants every year? Through our award-winning Creative Engagement programme we run workshops and projects for young people, older people, local communities and schools. Plus, we’re the UK’s first Theatre of Sanctuary leading pioneering work with refugees and asylum seekers.
We’re really passionate about using theatre to open up possibilities for people, and run a whole host of different activities all year round.
Are you a youth and community worker, play worker, learning support assistant, care worker and interested in supporting people to engage with the art in a creative setting? If so we would love to meet you. We are looking to expand our pool of freelance support workers to join our five strands of Creative Engagement work; Playhouse Youth, Creative Education, Communities, Playhouse Older People and Theatre of Sanctuary. We are open to meeting people from a range of backgrounds and experiences who have a genuine passion for the arts and working with people.
Our open event for freelancers to meet with us is on Monday 11 November 1–8pm. It will be held at Playhouse 2 First Floor studios , Leeds Playhouse’s creative space for young people; First Floor, 6 St Peter’s Building, St Peters Square, LS9 8AH.
We can’t wait to meet new support workers and workshop assistants to join our ever growing team of freelancers.
Please book the time slot which suits you best by calling 0113 213 7236 or email email@example.com please use the subject “Support Worker Call Out”
Time Slots on the day are:
1.00 – 1.30pm
1.45 – 2.15pm
2.30 – 3.00pm
3.15 – 3.45pm
5.15 – 5.45pm
6.00 – 6.30pm
6.45 – 7.15pm