WEEKLY THEATRE SESSIONS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
THE PLAYHOUSE YOUTH THEATRE RUNS WEEKLY SESSIONS FOR PEOPLE AGED 5 – 19 YEARS.
We make work in response to Playhouse shows, commission new plays for young audiences, and develop theatre making and performance skills.
Leeds Playhouse Youth Theatre aims to open out our buildings and resources to young people, as well as open up creative opportunities for emerging theatre and performance makers. Through a collaborative process of making theatre, the Playhouse Youth Theatre produces work that responds to the lives of young people and recognises their talent. The Youth Theatre is committed to raising aspirations while developing skills, knowledge and understanding of young people’s experiences of making theatre.
Youth Theatre sessions take place across both of our sites, Leeds Playhouse and Leeds Playhouse 2, Youth Arts Venue on the First Floor
THE PLAYHOUSE YOUTH THEATRE AIMS TO:
- Devise high-quality performance work which gives young people a voice and recognises their talent and creative potential.
- Create performances of both classic and contemporary theatre which draws on the artistic excellence and professional standards of Leeds Playhouse.
- Engage young people through creative sessions, as well as offering participants a range of creative and cultural experiences that will enrich their lives and the lives of their families.
- Autumn 30 September – 7 December
- Booking Window opens 13 August
- All sessions run through half term
HOW TO BOOK
All sessions need to be booked and fees paid in advance during the booking window unless otherwise stated. Bursary places are available. If you would like more information please talk to a member of the Playhouse Youth team.
Bookings can be made in the following ways:
- Online on our What’s On page
- By phone or in person at our temporary Box Office on Eastgate, 0113 213 7700 (Opening hours Mon-Fri 10am-5pm)
- At First Floor on the Open Day Sat 21 Sept
WHAT IS THE NEW YOUTH THEATRE OFFER?
To celebrate the opening of our new building we want to try out some new projects, offer drop in sessions as well as maintaining our ensemble training. This will create opportunities for Youth Theatre members to work across the different ages and try other production roles and art forms.