THE 2019 SCRIPT-READING WINDOW IS NOW OPEN!
We love to discover exciting new writing that explores how we live in Leeds, in Yorkshire and in the world.
Our next script window will be open from 1st to 31st January 2019. We want to hear from writers who are from or who are living in Yorkshire or who feel a particular connection to Leeds Playhouse and our programme.
We use the script window to meet playwrights and develop new relationships. Many of the writers currently engaged with our artist development activity have first made contact through the script window.
So we can process, read and respond to all the scripts we receive, our script windows have specific criteria, so please read the guidelines below carefully before submitting your work:
- Scripts are submitted via an online form which will open between 1 and 31 January 2019.
- Please submit scripts in PDF or Word format.
- We can read one play per writer, per calendar year.
- We are happy to accept scripts of any length, written for audiences of any age.
Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to accept:
- Scripts written for radio, television or film.
- Plays that have had a previous production.
- Plays that have been submitted to the West Yorkshire Playhouse previously.
- Musicals, operas or operettas.
We don’t have capacity to respond to unsolicited scripts outside of this window. Join Furnace Social Club to be updated about our script windows, writers’ workshops and other artist development opportunities.