Creating exciting, vital theatre
Leeds Playhouse aims to be a hub for the best new theatre productions in the UK.
We seek out, support, develop and produce vital theatre at all scales – from a debut play by a local writer to a large-scale musical for international touring.
Programme development activity is anything we do to support the evolution of new work that will be part of our programme. These ideas are often generated by one of our in-house directors and the aim of our programme development is as follows:
- To create space for our lead artists to experiment and play.
- To ensure that our main stage productions are created with rigour, ensuring artistic excellence in all of our work.
- To allow us to plan our programme more confidently and much further in advance.
- To allow us to be front-footed in our approaches to possible co-producers, and to continue to build our reputation as a producer of the highest quality theatre.
- To create a wide range of varied work that serves the diverse audiences of West Yorkshire.