At Leeds Playhouse your personal privacy is important to us. This notice explains how we collect, store, manage, process and protect your personal information.
It lets you know the types of information we might hold, how and where we’ll use it once it’s been collected and how we will keep it safe. We’ll always aim to be very clear when we ask you to share any information with us and won’t do anything with it that is unexpected.
Sharing your information is not compulsory but providing us with certain pieces of data will help us to give you the best possible service we can.
If you want to contact us about this privacy notice or anything to do with your data at Leeds Playhouse, you can contact us by:
Phone: 0113 213 7700
Post: Head of Sales & Audience Data, Leeds Playhouse, Quarry Hill, LS2 7UP
If you wish to stop receiving emails from Leeds Playhouse, please click here to manage your preferences.
How we collect personal information
We’ll collect information from you in several different ways. Most of the information comes directly from you and with your consent when you buy a ticket on the website, in person or over the phone.
We also gather some information when you browse our website, answer a survey, or email us with feedback.
The types of personal information we collect
We only collect personal information that is essential to our operation as a business and which allows us to fulfil our obligations to our customers, provide good customer service; maintain our records and accounts and to develop and promote our work, on and off stage.
How we use personal information
- The information we collect about you helps us to provide you with the best service we can; to better understand what you need from us, and to make sure you don’t miss out on information about our new productions, events and special offers. Occasionally we undertake data analysis and customer research to help us understand how we can improve our services or information.
- How we manage and protect personal information
- We will never share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. We will never sell, rent or trade your personal information
- We protect all the personal information we collect. Our computer network is protected, and information given in our online accounts are encrypted
- To fulfil our contract with you it’s sometimes necessary for third party providers to have access to your data so that they can perform services on our behalf (for example we use DotDigital to send out email information). Leeds Playhouse occasionally engages the use of external agencies/consultants to deliver data analysis and research projects.
- Every email you get from us will include details about how to change your communications preferences and how to unsubscribe from future communications.
- You have the right to ask us to amend or stop how we use your personal information including for marketing purposes. You can do this by phoning, emailing, or in writing using the contact details below.
- You have the right to get the information we hold on you corrected. If you have any concern about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the details below.
- You have the right to be forgotten; if you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the details below.
- You can request details of personal information that we hold about you by contacting the Head of Sales & Audience Data (details below) and providing a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity.
It is easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you. You can do this over the phone, via email, or in writing using the following details;
by phone: 0113 213 7700
by email: email@example.com
by post: Head of Sales & Audience Data, Leeds Playhouse, Quarry Hill, LS2 7UP
You have the right to lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner’s Office.
Further Information and updates to this notice
The Leeds Playhouse website is owned and operated by Leeds Theatre Trust Ltd. Charity No. 255460. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and EU GDPR the data controller is Leeds Theatre Trust, Leeds Playhouse, Quarry Hill, LS2 7UP.
This notice was updated on 18 January 2023. It may be necessary to update it from time to time to reflect changes to our business operations or to legislation. Updates will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you directly of any changes.